Pages

Friday, September 2, 2011

Design: Fall Beach Cottage





Growing up in Tennessee, passing through Florida for 3 years and now living in Chicago I have been exposed to many different styles and regional influences in design. In Tennessee almost every home I passed through, as well as my parents house, had that strong country feel to it. The dark wood, with the big heavy antique furniture, heavy uses of dark burgundy, greens and navy accents were the backbone of country design. In Chicago there is a strong modern influence for clean lines and a minimalist approach throughout the city. Having lived in the coastal area of South Florida the regional influence is a light, airy and coastal design style. For my personal design palette I have always gravitated to teals, turquoise, white furniture, the openness of white wainscoating, and the 'beachy' vibe of mexican tiles.

When I watched Sarah's Cottage on HGTV, I feel in love with her place. If I could dream up the perfect place... her cottage fits the bill. This house offers perfect textures, beautiful comfy furniture with the light woods, stunning kitchen, and the eco friendliness every house deserves. The way she perfectly combined function with high style gets me every time.

To have some design fun, I put together a mood board for how I would transition the living room into a fall cottage getaway. It may be a summer retreat, but who says it has to stop there. Let's get on our sweaters, grab a book and start up a fire. It's time to get comfy beach side.

fig1. similar Z Gallery $399


Wear this Cottage:

What is your favorite home design? Do you love a good country feeling, or are you more of an airy beach kinda vibe? Tell me what you are adding to your fall wardrobe... maybe a new gold watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments rule

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...