Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Design: Peaceful

design copyright of: floradesign

My client wanted to turn their thirty by thirty space in the suburbs of Chicago into a no maintenance surreal paradise. By using low maintenance pavers with light gray, decorative walls, this once weed driven playground is now a no stress sanctuary. To make the hardscape softer, I added in a small koi pond with waterlilies for color interest, and an area for sandart that is found in many Japanese gardens.
The Japanese Maples ( Acer palmatum) bring interest in the fall months with fierce red and yellow leaves, while the heavy evergreen anchors the space in the winter.


Wear this Design


What inspiration did you pull from the design for your everyday wear? Can I carry around an aquarium with a large koi as an accessory. I would name him nemo. Then again, any of The Office fans out there? First thing I thought of when I did this design was Michael falling in the koi pond. So I guess the real question for this post should be - Did Jim push him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

comments rule

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...